Externally, not the prettiest place in Woodhall Spa, but the outside is deceiving.
In August 1946 the Woodhall Spa Community Centre Committee was formed. By February 1950 they had raised £702 towards the new Centre. They had also found a surplus Gymnasium/Theatre at RAF Woodhall, situated near Tattershall Thorpe and after considering several possible sites had chosen the old Victoria Gardens – the gardens of the Victoria Hotel, destroyed by fire on Easter Day, 1920. The site was cleared by voluntary labour in September 1952 and the re-erection of the building started in 1953. On the 6th of November 1953 a Grand Carnival Dance took place and this was the unofficial opening of the Community Centre. It was formally opened by the the Earl of Ancaster on 2nd. June 1954. There were difficulties with Hall maintenance and by 1972 the Hall was leased to Lincolnshire County Council. In 2008 the hall was taken over by the Woodhall Spa Coronation Hall Trust.
Today it is used by a number of clubs and for a wide variety of events.
Woodhall Spa Coronation Hall Trust is a registered charity (517086). If you would like to hire the hall please email: firstname.lastname@example.org